Lincoln Holiday Let is more affectionately known locally as Liquorice Heights. The name is derived from a 17th century document which recorded the planting of fruit trees and liquorice in this area. Throughout most of the 18th and 19th century, it was part of an area of pasture known as Brownes Closes. The house was built in 1898 and its first owner was a gentleman named Edwin Teasdale Davies who had earlier been a player for Lincoln City Football Club in the 1880’s.
Thanks to the Red Imps Archive for the photo of Edwin.